The library of Institute of Economics and Finance was founded in 1931 on the base of 5000 books that it
received from the Economics Faculty of KSU. The Library stocks have
grown more than 70 times since then. The number of personnel has
increased from 4 to 30 employees.
The Library has more than 300 000
printed items at its disposal. Though the composition of fund is
universal, literature on the InstituteТs specialization prevails.
Computerization of the library started
in 1991. Applied software УIRBISФ is used with the aim to automate
the main library activities.
In 2002 there was opened an electronic
information hall with the internet access.
The Institute of Economics and Finance library is a member of corporate
net of Kazan libraries.